Monday, August 26, 2013

Fashion Madness @ Wal Mart

While on one of my late night runs to Wally world, to check the toy clearance aisle, Guess who I ran across?    Ms. Kenya and the Fashion Madness Crew. They finally added the guys from the line, TJ and Dwayne.
(The retail price for them is 14.97)
As some of you know I'm not really a fan of Ms. Kenya from this post. So I'm really hoping the guys would turn it around for me. Just by looking at them I'm still iffy about them only because the guys heads are so huge.
Maybe if their heads were a little smaller and they were articulated at the at the elbow like a flavas Tre, then maybe i could see myself  keeping one for more than just clothes. Speaking of clothes their clothes look pretty cool, just from looking at them I seriously doubt that the pants would fit a ken doll but, IDK that's just from looking at them. Their were about 4 different versions of Kenya and about 3 different versions of Tj and 2 of Dwayne. I didn't really take a whole lot of pics only a few just to show what walmart has sprung on me. BTW my Wal- Mart has really surprised me about 3/4 of the toys are now on clearance and I have seen new arrivals from Life in the Dreamhouse(Barbie and Ken only) and S.I.S mentoring packs, Bratz heroes, and even the Sparkle Girlz got a piece of the spotlight.
At the end of the night I only left with one of the Ken fashionistas Muff Blogged about and a few craft items. Thats all I really needed right?

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jay!
    You are a brave soul to go into Wal-mart during a clearance sale. LOL I don't have the Moxie...just yet. ahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI grandmommy sometimes you have to put on you grown up boots and walk it out LOL!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Jay! Great to see the guys in this line. Pity their heads are so large, but I am not surprised given Kenya's head is supersized, too. Might be tricky re-bodying them given the bigger neck. I wonder how the little sister, Keyshia, will look? Thanks for sharing your findings.

    I've mentioned your findings on my blog. Your photos and conclusions about the extreme big-headedness of the guys, I left unsaid. Congrats on your savings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana, I havent seen keyshia in person but i have seen her on ebay. I also saw her friend denise in wal-mart too. Thanks for mentioning me on your blog.

      Delete
  3. Whut?! Why aren't they fully articulated? The ladies released for Family Dollar were fully articulated but the lady in your post isn't. Well, Boooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idk Muff maybe these are their basic line of dolls, their may be more to come with this line.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this info. I'll have to find out if my Wal-Mart has these guys in stock.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pictures and info about the Kenya dolls at Walmart. That is great news. I can't believe they didn't articulate the guys like they articulated the girls. For shame. I will have to see them in person to see if the big heads will work. Sometimes they work better for men than with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I missed the first picture with the unarticulated Kenya doll. That sucks. Why wouldn't their Kenya doll be articulated just like the ones at Family Dollar? At $14.97 that is not a basic doll price. I will be checking Family Dollar for the men. They may be articulated at Family Dollar just like the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting. I found these dolls at my Meijer's store but they were all articulated for 16.97. I did not see any of the unarticulated dolls. I bought mine before this post, however, I haven't had a chance to look at my Walmart (I am grounded right now due to surgery :( ). Interesting also that I went to the store at the Kenya website and they were not available there. Haven't seen the younger sister anywhere yet.

    ReplyDelete